|Superzan (Super Zan)|
Superzan was a famous luchador in the 60’s & 70’s who also appeared in several lucha movies.
Alfonso Mora "Super Zan", was a superhero of movies with Mil Mascaras and recommended by Tinieblas. His debut was advertised for Arena Mexico but, for reasons never explained, he debuted in 1973 with Tinieblas vs Tony Salazar and el Greco in Mazatlan.
In 1974 he wrestled in Central and South America. His movies gave him immense popularity in those areas. He was won a Guatemala local title.
Superzan also made appearances in luchador films:
- Superzán el increible (Federico Curiel, 1971)
- Superzán y el niño del espacio (Rafael Lanuza, 1973)
- El Investigador Capulina (Gilberto Martínez Solares, 1973)
- El castillo de las momias de Guanajuato (Tito Novaro, 1973)
- Los Vampiros de Coyoacán (Arturo Martínez, 1974)
- El triunfo de los Campeones Justicieros (Rafael Lanuza, 1974)
- La Mansión de las siete momias (Rafael Lanuza, 1977)
In 1984 a Superzan lost the mask in Juarez, there is the possibility that it was the original or an masked imposter. We don't know who was under the mask, only that every other person in the mask was still masked after the match.
Nevertheless, in an article of Box y Lucha Magazine it is said he never lost the mask. This could support the idea that it was probably an imposter.
Luchas de apuestas record
|Date||Apuesta||Winner(s)||Loser(s)||Arena and/or Place|
|70's||masks||Superzan & Tinieblas||Los Tigres del Ring||Cd Victoria, Tamaulipas|
|1983||mask||Superzan||The Black Cat||unknown|
|1984||mask (1)||Tinieblas, Villano III & Rocky Star||Flama Roja, El Legionario (original) & Superzan||Ciudad Juarez|
(1) Relevos australianos suicidas, in this match Superzan loss the mask, but it is not known who's the winner of the mask of Superzan and if it was the original Alfonso Mora or an imposter
- Elcobardeimpostor files
- Box y Lucha Magazine