From LuchawikiJump to navigationJump to search
Many wrestlers have used either the name Karonte or Dr. Karonte, based off a movie character from Neutrón contra el Doctor Caronte (1963). Some have denoted themselves as 2 or 3. Some have used it at the same time as someone else. This is unlikely to be a complete list.
- Dr. Karonte (Almanza) (†) - First version, patriarch of the dynasty.
- Dr. Karonte I (Almanza) - Adoptive son of Dr. Karonte, took the gimmick when the original had retired from wrestling.
- Dr. Karonte II - Tag team partner of Dr. Karonte. The gimmick was portrayed by at least three different persons:
- Chacal de la Rosa, unrelated to the family.
- Ben Ali Pasha, unrelated to the family.
- Caballero de la Cruz, unrelated to the family.
- Dr. Karonte (Uribe) (†) - Formerly wrestled as Gorhk. A friend of Caballero de la Cruz, who gave him the gimmick.
At this point, Dr. Karonte I (Almanza), Cruz as Dr. Karonte II, and Uribe as Dr. Karonte III.
Dr. Karonte (Uribe) eventually dropped the "III" designation. His sons also used the name during their career.
- Mistico (Caristico) - used Dr. Karonte Jr. prior to Astro Boy (and prior to Mistico)
- Argenis - used Dr. Karonte Jr.
- Dr. Karonte Jr. - a briefly seen member of the family who wrestled in CMLL during 2006 and AULL and IWRG in 2007.
- Karonte Jr. (Mini Murder Clown) - inconsistently billed as Dr. Karonte Jr.
- Argos - may have used the Karonte name during his earlier career but has recently wrestled as one of the Dr. Karontes of 2020's.
- Astro Boy (CMLL 90s) may have also used the Karonte name during his career.
Other wrestlers who used the name:
- Juan Colorado (†) - Partnered with Dr. Karonte I (Almanza) when the original had retired from wrestling.
- El Cholo - Partnered with Dr. Karonte I (Almanza) when the original had retired from wrestling.
- Karonte - Monterrey area, unrelated to the rest and inspired by a different character. As well as his daughters.